Tips for Safe Driving and Avoiding Accidents
Follow these ten tips to be safe behind the wheel.
1. Avoid texting while driving. If you must use your phone, use a hands free device.
2. Do not multitask while driving; it creates more distractions from the road.
3. Refrain from driving when drowsy; pull over to take a 20-minute power nap.
4. Secure loose objects in the car.
5. Do not drive through red lights. Make sure you come to a complete stop at stop signs.
6. Follow the speed limits.
7. NEVER drive drunk. Plan to call a cab or a ride before you start drinking.
8. Always wear your seatbelt.
9. Don't follow too closely to other cars.
10. Implement defensive driving techniques (assume everyone else is an idiot driver).