Sunbrella Car Covers from Covercraft
Sunbrella Car Covers: Protecting Your Car from Sun Damage
Everyone loves a sunny day, but sunlight can damage your vehicle. Sunbrella car covers can protect your vehicle from many of the hazards associated with prolonged sun exposure.
How the Sun Damages Your Car
How can the sun damage your car?
- First and foremost, sunlight and ultraviolet rays cause fading. Prolonged exposure to sunlight fades both interior finishes and exterior paint. The best way to protect your car from this type of exposure (aside from parking it indoors) is to cover it with a Sunbrella cover, which blocks out UV and keeps your interior and exterior as bright and vivid as the day you bought it.
- Sunlight and heat can dry and crack interior finishes, particularly leather. While a good leather protector will help, shielding it with a Sunbrella car cover fully protects your interior finishes.
- The sun can bake on moisture, bird droppings, tar, and tree sap, causing etchings in your finish if it is left too long or not removed correctly. When you have to park outdoors, especially in the bright sunlight, use a Sunbrella car cover to keep your car’s finish safe.
Dealing with Sun Damage
While a Sunbrella cover is the best way to protect your vehicle from damage, once it’s there, there are ways to fix it.
- If something is baked on to your car’s finish by the sun, use automobile clay to remove it. If it does not come off easily, seek assistance from a professional car detailer.
- Use a rubbing compound and a buffer away from direct sunlight. Apply it to the damaged area. Buff in small sections, and then wash and wax the car as normal.
- Seek assistance from your automobile dealership for large areas of damage.
Protect your vehicle from sun damage with a Sunbrella car cover. Select your vehicle’s make, model and year to get started.